Who Should Attend?
This course is mandatory for:
- Personnel who plan to enter and work in the Hutch 6 Target Chamber as a NPRCS (non-permit-required confined space) and who do not need to enter a permit-required confined space
- Personnel who supervise the above staff
- Length: 1 hour
- Retraining: Every 36 months
- Training Method: Web Based
- Contact: Dains, Donald W.
- Notes: This is a web based training available at your desktop. Click here to take this training from the SLAC SkillSoft web training portal. Some NPRCS are subject to external conditions/activities that occasionally introduce confined space hazards. For personnel who work in these spaces, the regular course 144 is recommended. Prior to taking this course, review ES&H manual Chapter 6 - Confined Spaces.
- Activity Restrictions: Due to the level of the hazard, the worker cannot undertake the related activity until they have completed this training and if there is a recertification period, must remain current.
At the end of this course, personnel will be able to:
- Describe the differences between permit-required and non-permit-required confined spaces
- Identify and understand the conditions that could cause a non-permit space to become a permit space
- Understand when and how to complete the non-permit-required confined space form
This training will cover the following topics:
- OSHA definitions of:
- Confined spaces
- Permit-Required confined spaces (PRCS)
- Non-Permit-Required confined spaces
- Entry method selection
- Assessing air quality
- What to do if a hazard exists
- Final steps before entrance into a confined space
- 5/3/2012 | Course activated
- 10/15/2012 | Course changed to Hutch 6 Non-Permit Confined Space Training; course changed to Web based
- 10/17/2012 | Ladder Safetly training removed as a prerequisite.