Course #147- Hutch 6 Non-Permit Confined Space Training (Core)
Hutch 6 Non-Permit Confined Space Training
- User Guide and Resources
- User Portal
- SLAC Access Requirements for Users
- Links by Category
Who Should Attend
This course is mandatory for:
- Personnel who plan to enter and work in the Hutch 6 Target Chamber as a NPRCS (non-permit-required confined space) and who do not need to enter a permit-required confined space
- Personnel who supervise the above staff
|Retraining||Every 36 months|
|Training Method||Web Based|
This is a web based training available at your desktop. Click here to take this training from the SLAC SkillSoft web training portal.
Some NPRCS are subject to external conditions/activities that occasionally introduce confined space hazards. For personnel who work in these spaces, the regular course 144 is recommended.
Prior to taking this course, review ES&H manual Chapter 6 - Confined Spaces.
|Activity Restrictions||Due to the level of the hazard, the worker cannot undertake the related activity until they have completed this training and if there is a recertification period, must remain current.|
At the end of this course, personnel will be able to:
- Describe the differences between permit-required and non-permit-required confined spaces
- Identify and understand the conditions that could cause a non-permit space to become a permit space
- Understand when and how to complete the non-permit-required confined space form
This training will cover the following topics:
- OSHA definitions of:
- Confined spaces
- Permit-Required confined spaces (PRCS)
- Non-Permit-Required confined spaces
- Entry method selection
- Assessing air quality
- What to do if a hazard exists
- Final steps before entrance into a confined space
- 5/3/2012 | Course activated
- 10/15/2012 | Course changed to Hutch 6 Non-Permit Confined Space Training; course changed to Web based
- 10/17/2012 | Ladder Safetly training removed as a prerequisite.
Safety at SLAC
- For life-threatening emergencies, call 911 first, then ext. 5111 for SLAC EMT response.
- For other emergencies, call 911 or ext. 5555.
- If you have any problems, need any assistance or observe any suspicious activity while at SLAC, contact Security at (650) 926-2551.
- Ian Evans
LCLS Safety Officer
- SLAC Occupational Health Center
M-F 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Building 28, Room 11