Registration Deadline: September 25, 2020
There is no cost but advance registration is required to participate in the joint virtual users' meeting of the Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource (SSRL) and the Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS), to be held September 28-October 9, 2020. This annual meeting is a unique opportunity to gather together the lightsource community in a single scientific event that includes numerous presentations in plenary, poster, and parallel sessions. Participants are able to learn about current/future facility capabilities and the latest user research as well as to discuss science with colleagues from academia, research laboratories, and industry worldwide.
To facilitate participation by our international User community, we are planning for shorter sessions primarily scheduled in the mornings and early afternoon (Pacific).
Plenary Sessions & Keynote Talks
The September 30 plenary session will include a welcome from SLAC Director Chi-Chang Kao, facility updates and townhall discussion with the LCLS and SSRL Directors, Mike Dunne and Paul McIntyre, and keynote talks from Cindy Bolme (LANL), Yi Cui (Stanford), and Doug Rees (Caltech). On October 2, the plenary session will include young investigator talks and award presentations.
Poster Session on October 1
Submit Poster for Poster Competition: September 14, 2020
Presenting a poster is a great way to share your latest research advances and find out what's new from other users. This year, we are asking that just one individual register to present for each poster. Posters should be based on recent results from research done at LCLS or SSRL. This is a requirement if you wish to compete for a Joe Wong Poster Award.
Sessions and Workshops
• Activating and Monitoring Biological Processes in Time-Resolved Experiments
• Anatomy and Physiology of X-ray Pixel Detectors
• Applications of Machine Learning in the Structural Sciences
• Characterization of Static and Dynamic Disorder in Condensed Phase Materials
• Cryo-EM Workshop
• From the Molecular to the Macro-Scale: Spectroscopic Imaging in the Earth Sciences Across the Photon Spectrum
• Functional X-ray Imaging
• Ghost Imaging with X-rays and Electrons
• How to Present Scientific Content in Different Contexts
• LCLS-II Data Systems, Reduction, Acquisition and Analysis
• LCLS-II Early Science - ChemRIXS
• LCLS Early Science TMO
• LCLS-II Instrument refinement
• Matter in Extreme Conditions Upgrade Project
• Metals in Structural Biology
• Opportunities in Chemistry & Catalysis Research Using Quick Scanning XAS
• Resonant Elastic and Inelastic X-ray Scattering applications for Quantum and Energy Materials
• Science with Femtosecond Pulse Trains
• Theoretical Spectroscopy Methods and Workflows for Accurate and High Throughput X-ray Spectroscopy Prediction
• Ultrafast Studies on Low-energy Excitations in Quantum Materials
• X-ray Science Applications for COVID-19 Research
Looking forward to seeing you at the meeting!
LCLS User Program Manager
SSRL User Program Manager