Sample Environment & Delivery (SED)
Sample Environment Department (SED)
- Detector Department
- Hard X-ray Department (HXR)
- Lasers for Accelerators (L4A) R&D
- Laser Science and Technology (LST)
- Photon Control and Data Systems (PCDS)
- Sample Environment & Delivery (SED)
- Sample Preparation Laboratories (SPL)
- Biolabs at the Arrillaga Science Center (ASC)
The LCLS Sample Environment and Delivery (SED) Group, part of the Hard X-ray Department, is responsible for making all necessary equipment and training for onsite sample characterization, manipulation, and delivery to beam, available to all potential users. SED is currently in the process of building and acquiring a broad inventory of sample delivery equipment which is detailed on our equipment page .
The Injector Characterization Lab is currently open to users for optimizing sample delivery, allowing users to test sample delivery feasibility prior to proposal submission and to optimize sample delivery prior to beamtime. Use of the ICL is expected to reduce experimental setup time and greatly increase the efficiency of LCLS beamtime.