NOTE: Due to the uncertainty associated with the pandemic, the 2022 SSRL/LCLS Users' Meeting will be virtual.
2022 Virtual SSRL/LCLS Users' Meeting
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
September 26-30, 2022
All are invited to participate in the joint virtual users' meeting of the Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource (SSRL) and the Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS), SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory on September 26-30, 2022. This annual meeting is a unique opportunity to gather together the lightsource community in a single scientific event that includes numerous presentations in the plenary, poster, and parallel sessions. Participants can learn about current/future facility capabilities and the latest user research and discuss science with colleagues from academia, research laboratories, and industry worldwide.
Plenary Sessions & Keynote Talks
The September 27th plenary session will include a welcome from SLAC Director Chi-Chang Kao, facility updates, and townhall discussion with the LCLS and SSRL Directors, Mike Dunne and Paul McIntyre, and keynote talks from John R. Helliwell (University of Manchester), and Linda Young (Argonne National Laboratory). On September 29th, the plenary session will include young investigator talks and award presentations.
Presenting a poster is a great way to share your latest research advances and find out what's new from other users. This year, we are asking that just one individual register to present for each poster. Posters should be based on recent results from research done at LCLS, MeV-UED, SSRL, or the Stanford-SLAC Cryo-EM facility. Posters based on experimental results from LCLS and SSRL are eligible to compete for a Joe Wong Poster Award or a student BioXFEL award sponsored by NSF-supported BioXFEL Science and Technology Center.
Sessions and Workshops
- Computational Methods in the Structural Sciences
- Current and Future Opportunities and Challenges for Gas Phase Sample Delivery
- Early Science qRIXS
- Integrative Structural Biology – X-ray and CryoEM Techniques
- Introduction to SSRL
- Time-Resolved Resonant Inelastic Hard X-ray Scattering as a Probe of Quantum Materials
- Ultrafast Structural Dynamics of Isolated Molecules
- Plenary Session - Facility/DOE BES Updates
- Frontier In-Situ/Operando Techniques and Research for Solid-Phase MeV-UED
- Mix-and-Inject Serial Crystallography at XFELs and Synchrotrons
- Separations in Water (Water Treatment, Critical Materials)
- TMO: First results and High Repetition Rate Early Science
- Applications for Small-Molecule Serial Femtosecond Diffraction in Materials Science and Chemistry
- Plenary Session - Synergy at SLAC
- Synergy at SLAC: Cooperative Science Utilizing the LCLS and SSRL
- User Experience at SLAC
- Plenary Session - Award Presentations
- Advancing Biological and Environmental Science at SSRL: From Structure and Function to Metal and Nutrient Cycling
- Applications of Quick Extended X-ray Absorption Fine Structure (QEXAFS) for Operando Catalyst Characterization
- Data Analysis at LCLS
- High Repetition Rate Early Science at ChemRIXS
- Ab Initio XANES and Multiplet Calculations: Tutorial and Applications
- Matter in Extreme Conditions (MEC)
- Metals in Structural Biology
- New Opportunities for Quantum Materials Research at SSRL ARPES Beam Line
- Time Resolved Photoemission using the Momentum Microscope at LCLS-II
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting virtually!
Manager, User Office
Linac Coherent Light Source
Manager, User Office
Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource