Detector Information for Users
Information for Users
How to Request Detectors
- Along with your experiment approval notice, you will receive a questionnaire regarding your experiment requirements. Please fill out the questionnaire to specify your detector needs.
- For special requests, please contact the Detector Group as well as your experiment POC.
Notes for the Users
Please review the basic capabilities of the detectors you wish to use prior to requesting a detector.
- CSPAD Troubleshooting Guide (SLAC Login needed)
- CXI 2.3M camera Installation procedures (Internal)
- XPP 2.3M camera removal procedures (Internal)
- XCS 2.3M camera Installation procedures (Internal)
Tutorials and Videos
From the 2013 LCLS/SSRL Users’ Meeting
- How a Detector Works - Sven Herrmann (SLAC) (Video)
- Non-SLAC Detectors at LCLS - Gabriel Blaj (SLAC)
- Hands-on Tutorial: CSPADs: how to operate them, which performance to expect and what kind of features are available (Video1, Video2)
- CSPAD FAQ - Philip Hart (SLAC) (Video)
- Outlook on Detector Plans - Gabriella Carini (SLAC)