- Detector Department
- Hard X-ray Department (HXR)
- Lasers for Accelerators (L4A) R&D
- Laser Science and Technology (LST)
- Photon Control and Data Systems (PCDS)
- Sample Environment Department (SED)
- Sample Preparation Laboratories (SPL)
With a 50 μm pixel size, the SLAC developed ePix100 provides one of the highest resolutions of all the detectors available at LCLS. Used in both soft and hard X-ray applications, multiple ePix detectors can be installed and read in-sync in order to expand the cross section covered by the detectors.
The camera dimensions are 2 x 2 x 11.5 inch (5.1 x 5.1 x 29.2 cm), including tubings and connectors.
ePix100 Characteristics and Measured Performance
|Number of pixels||4 x (384 x 352)|
|Pixel size (μm)||50|
|Noise r.m.s. (eV)||250|
(8 keV photons equivalent)
|Frame rate (Hz)||120|
|Sensor thickness (μm)||500|