Biolabs at the Arrillaga Science Center (ASC)
- SRD Org Chart
- AMO Physics (AMO)
- Biological Sciences & Sample Preparation
- Chemical Sciences (CHEM)
- Material Sciences (MAT)
- Matter in Extreme Conditions (MEC)
- Laser Sciences (LAS)
- Lasers for Accelerators R&D
- Photon Control and Data Systems (PCDS)
The LCLS Biolabs at the Arrillaga Science Center (ASC) are wetlab spaces located on the second floor of Building 57. They serve all LCLS hutches and are available for final stage sample preparation but are primarily equipped for biosample preparation and manipulation. Due to space limitations, certain types of activities may be restricted and all access must be scheduled in advance. Lab orientation is required for access.
Access & Training
The Biolabs at the Arrillaga Science Center (ASC) have restricted access and training is required for entry. Access can be obtained by completing a two-part training including online Sample Preparation Laboratory training, Course 204, and in-person orientation at B057-RM 2128. To schedule a training, please contact your experimental POC and ASC lab manager. LCLS training slots must be reserved in advance due to space limitations within the LCLS labs. Please make sure to complete the online course before scheduling the in-person orientation. Access has limited validity and needs annual renewals.
ABL Contact Info
LCLS Lab Manager
Office: (650) 926-5408
Safety at SLAC
- For life-threatening emergencies, call 911 first, then ext. 5111 for SLAC EMT response.
- For other emergencies, call 911 or ext. 5555.
- If you have any problems, need any assistance or observe any suspicious activity while at SLAC, contact Security at (650) 926-2551.
- Ian Evans
LCLS Safety Officer
- SLAC Occupational Health Center
M-F 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Building 28, Room 11